Monday, September 6, 2010

Weight Loss Journey

Hi Everyone! I hope you enjoyed this three day weekend!! I wanted to talk about how I was able to lose and keep off 15lbs since last July. I know you all are thinking she must be working out daily. That is not the case I just recently started adding in a few hours of cardio into my schedule. Here are my tips and tricks:

Tip One: Sharing is Caring!
When you have a craving for your favorite ice cream or that bag of chips...BUY IT! Yes buy it, but share with others around you would don't mind the additional calories. I am known for sharing a bacon egg and cheese on a roll with a coworker in the mornings. I even share candy bars, and small bags of chips. That way you satisfy your craving without taking in all those bad calories.

Tip Two: Everything in Moderation!
Portion control is key. Americans are used to large portions of meat and starch. Its so important to reduce the amount of meat on your plate and add vegetables. I personally prefer raw vegetables because they are much healthier for you. The leafier and green the vegetable the better. I enjoy collard greens, spinach, lettuce. I eat a lot of raw carrots, tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, the list goes on and on. You wont miss the meat I promise!


Tip Three: Agua...Drink it!
I read online that it makes no sense to drink your calories. Why get heavy off of soda and juice filled with high fructose corn syrup? I replaced soda with water and green tea. (unsweetened) If I need a little variety I add fresh lime or lemon. Its extremely refreshing. There are so many benefits to drinking more water. Most importantly its excellent for your hair, skin, and nails.

Tip Four: Wear Flats!
After work try getting off a few stops from your home and walk the rest of the way. Take advantage of this beautiful weather. Get outside and take in the fresh air. I enjoy long walks especially walking the Brooklyn bridge with my hubby. Not only is it romantic, and free, you are burning calories.

So I hope these tips help you in your healthy hair journey. I'm half way through my weight journey. I have 15 more pounds to lose. As colder weather approaches I will have to change some of my tactics but I will keep you all posted. Below is a recent picture of myself, my husband and Mike Phillips, (the best alto sax musician alive) Yes I am a HUGE Fan!

Until Next Time...
Best Wishes, Good Health, and Happy Hair Growing!!

Nelly

No comments:

Post a Comment