Monday, July 5, 2010

One Month Natural



Hi everyone! How quickly the time flies! It has been one month since my big chop. During this month I have been trying different products and techniques. I will post some product reviews soon. It has truly been a month of trial and error. Im learning what to do and (definitely) what not to do. lol You Tube has become so useful as i learn how to style my twa. I'm also pleased to say that my hair is growing. Yes! I have been thinking about coloring my twa (tiny weeny afro) this summer, I will let you know if i will go through with it. The key to healthy hair is patience. There are no miracle growth products on the shelf. You have to do research (find out what is good for your hair) and stick to your regimen. I find that my hair oil and TruNatureByNelly Shea Butter Blend is essential!! But you must be consistent and patient with your hair. Be proud of your hair no matter what. Cherish it and others will also. Until next time...
Good Health, Best Wishes and Happy Hair Growing!!
Nelly

3 comments:

  1. Girl... Your hair looks great.. I have been using products that we are told not to use (only because thats what I have and can afford)They have been working really well to help my hair with dryness and moisture. I use my shea butter and Jojoba oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy! In due time I will reach my hair goal.(bra strap) I suffered from dryness in the beginning as well. But I kept my regimen consistent and my products as natural as possible and I'm seeing results! and I know you are too lady! Cant wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Nelly I wonder what color you might get ... I say experiment NOW while your hair is short just in case you don't like the color or find it drying/damaging you wouldn't have to trim too much off...I played w/ some bleach in the very beginning and it dried my hair out - but since I only had about 2 inches, it didn't really matter when I shaved off the bleached ends.

    You could also check out Dominican ColorShowers for more of a subtle tint and less chance of damage. If/When I experiment w/ color again this might be what I use since Henna was bit too drying for my hair. Here is a cool thread about Color Showers for research: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210377

    Can't wait to see your product reviews :)

    ReplyDelete